Saturday 7 September 2013

Summer Holidays


Summer Holidays.



Well, that's the summer holiday's over, I can't believe how fast the time has flown. The weather has been so hot, it was even lovely for our time in Cornwall this year, not something that happens a lot, if I'm honest. We spent most of our time on the beach, enjoying many hours just relaxing, sunbathing, building sandcastles and crabbing.


One thing I have been missing though, is time to sit and do a spot of crochet, but with moving house, having my daughter and generally needing to spend time just trying to get sorted and settled, crochet has not really been at the forefront of my mind. 

While in Cornwall though, I did find time to go to one of my favourite shops, Coastal Yarns. It is a shop that sells wool belonging to their very own alpaca's. They also sell a variety of other yarns as well and this was where I bought the wool I used for my first baby blanket last year. This time I bought some baby rooster merino wool and some 4ply superfine alpaca wool as well as some little wooden buttons. As yet I still have to find something to use these wools for, but I just couldn't leave the shop without buying something.

Since getting back from our holiday and slowly beginning to get back to normal, I have begun to start picking up my crochet hook and doing a few rows of a blanket I started for a friend who had a baby girl last month. I again chose a ripple blanket, like the pattern I used for second baby blanket, but this time used interlocking colours of pink, blue and cream. 

It's only a small blanket, more of a keepsake really. I am really please with how it turned out and love the colours. The wool I used was sublime baby cashmere merino silk and I bought it from a great shop called Baa Ram Ewe in Leeds. 


It's been great to get back into crocheting and I'm now desperate to find a pattern to use the wools I bought in Cornwall, I'm thinking of probably making something for my girls to wear, like hats or mittens. But before I can start on that, I'm on with another little project which I hope to get finished soon. 

Hope to be back soon xx




1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I know with me that crochet doesn't really come out until now, with the cooler evenings and snuggling under the latest project. I'm still looking for this Autumn/winter project but your ripple blanket is certainly making me itch for my hook again! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Chel x

    ReplyDelete